Elf on the shelf is the definition of bittersweet. My kids currently have two elves .. a girl (Golden Rose) and a boy (Elfie). For exhausting nights , or nights with more than one glass of wine… I dread elf life. At the same time, when I get it done .. I think … yuuuupppp I’m the shit. Then the kids wake up so pumped ! Which makes it all worth it in the end. Well.. just thought I would share a little tip with Elf parents. This year .. I purchased Bulk Variety Pack on http://www.OrientalTrading.com (Bright Deluxe Toy Assortment: 50pc). 50 pieces for only $13.95! This is amazing for stocking stuffers, last minute gifts for other children, or the rescue kit for elf life! I have used several items from this pack to make my life as an elf .. easy peesy lemon squeezeeeee (my god I’m turning into my children). So cheap .. so easy… so freakin awesome ! Thank you Oriental Trading ! Anyways .. back to elf on the shelf… I will share pictures and ideas below..
- purchase some ice cream or maybe a snack your child doesn’t always have on your next grocery trip. Write a note from the elf.. that the surprise treat is from them. Easy easy easy. I did ice cream .. and put chocolate syrup and strawberry syrup out. My kids went nuts.
- candy coal (got mine from lakeside.com) .. keeps the kids in check .. but can still be enjoyed after lesson is learned.
- use flour for fake snow… easy to clean up.. usually have flour in the house
- toilet paper snowman.. looks cute .. and you better have toilet paper in the household
- clothes that may be needed for kids before Christmas hits .. buy it.. give it from the elves.. saves you trying to think of an idea for the elf (Gave my kids snow-boots).. believe me .. they appreciate it more from the elves
- take full advantage of the elf being magical (told them the maze *one of items from bulk* was a controller for Jumanji) (doesn’t look like a controller .. but they bought it .. only because the elves claimed it was a game controller)
I will continue to post pics and ideas !