A lot of people think that way. I disagree. I may have blogged about being beautiful physically is important but it’s not THE most important thing. Beauty is not skin deep. A real beauty has more attributes to her than the naked eye can see. There are just so many attributes that make a really beautiful woman. (this is actually a post I wrote when I just started my blog – just reposting it to remind myself)
- The way you treat others – do you treat others fairly well? Or do you go by status quo? Sometimes it is so easy to give respect to others who have a high-paying job, career people, well established people and we find it challenging to communicate well with lowly people. If, by all means, you treat people equally, no matter the race, social status, etc… then you are truly a beautiful woman.
- The way you exude confidence - there is a total difference between acting with confidence and acting with superiority complex. If you have self confidence, and you interact with people, it is very obvious. But when you have superiority complex, it is also obvious… which can turn people off. I know a lot of people that want to act confident but actually it’s out of insecurities. There are two types of insecurity: feeling inferior and acting superior – to cover up insecurities. I’ve seen both. It’s a total turn off. Not that I have enough confidence. I still lack a bit. But I’m working on it. (this is the purpose of this blog, actually).
- Your mannerisms – there are too many to list down on different mannerisms people use. I have read a book “I Know What You’re Thinking” and from there, they listed down different hand gestures, body languages to reflect what they’re thinking. I have observed people on the way they talk after reading this book. Sometimes it chuckles me and my husband to death when we talk after meeting people. But of course, one main point is: we become very conscious of the body languages we’re signaling.
- Your body posture - when you slouch and talk it’s very distracting.
- The way you dress up - men sometimes get distracted when you reveal too much. So if you want to have a good conversation with people even in opposite sex, please dress up properly and modestly.
- The way you put make up – (if you wear make up at all) we all strive to do a no-make up look. Lesser make up doesn’t mean you will have a no-make up look. I have searched the internet about doing a no-make up look and guess what… to achieve a no-make up look, it takes more time and more make up to do so.
- Fear of the Lord - in Proverbs 31:30, it says “Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain but the woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.”
image on the top right courtesy: dreamstime.com
image on the down left courtesy: inmagine.com